Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pregnancy- 19 weeks

Well, I've definitely fallen off the blogging bandwagon. It's been such a busy busy 2 weeks that I haven't had much time to sit down & blog. Along with our Gender Revealing Party last weekend, I also got a huge rush order of custom St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies for Embassy Suites, Vanderbilt. They wanted their logo on them, that they give out to all their "big wigs" along with other big industry friends. So, I was very excited to get the order!

Other big news, well HUGE news- we went on Thursday, March 10th to a 3-D Ultrasound place in Hillsboro Village, Focused Imaging, to find out what we were having! We found out that we are having a sweet little GIRL! Both John & I were very shocked. Not necessarily at just the "I'm 99% sure it's a girl!" news, but just to put a "she" onto the sentences. Before we knew, I'd say, "Oh goodness, I can feel Baby move around", or "Dr. said that it must be sitting on a nerve in my back, which causes all these pains"- Now, it's "She's moving!" or "She's getting big!"


We decided to keep the news our little secret until Sunday for our Gender Revealing party. (Pictures to come later tomorrow or early next week. While John & I were busy talking & entertaining, my wonderful Mother played Photographer & was just snapping away pictures here & there with her camera.) The party was a huge success & we loved having our family & extremely close friends there to be the first ones to know what Baby King will be!

We had names picked out for both a boy & a girl, which we hadn't shared with too many people-
If it was a boy, we were going to name him: Parkes Harrison King
(Parkes, of course, is my maiden name and John & I just fell in love with the name Harrison!)

And if it was a girl, we were going to name her: Caroline Chandler King
(Caroline is a name I've had picked out since I was little & Chandler was my great grandmother's maiden name)-


So, sweet little Caroline will be making her debut in August!

As soon as we walked out of the doctor's office, John & I were talking about all the things little girls bring! Smocked dresses, hairbows, tea parties, slumber parties, ballet, dolls, a wedding, and MONOGRAMS! Oh how I love Monograms! (And to be completely honest, we chose her name because we loved the way it flowed & for sentimental reasons, but also because I knew her monogram would be gorgeous! ) As soon as we got home, I called a lady down in Birmingham that does custom monograms and told her to start on Caroline's. I can't wait to see it!

Today, I hit our 19 week mark in our pregnancy!
One more week & we are 1/2 way done with our pregnancy!
This week, Caroline is the size of a large Mango. Her senses are going crazy! She can feel us, hear us, responds to bright lights (vision), smell & taste. She's covered in this greasy like substance that prevents her skin from pickling while being in the amniotic fluid.
While I've been feeling her move inside for the past week (really for the past 2 weeks but they were so subtle, that this past week was when I could really feel her flipping around & kicking!), I kept getting John to put his hand on my stomach to feel & he could never feel anything. She moves so much at night. I always crank on a heating pad on low (I know, I sound like an old lady) to lay on when I first crawl in bed to put on my back. (It feels so good for about 10 minutes, then I'm over it)... Well, I think she either loves this or hates it- because she moves like crazy when I crawl in bed & am laying there for about 5 minutes. My doctor says that as I am walking around during the day, it rocks her to sleep; so when I'm laying still, that's when she's moving around because it wakes her up. Well, last night, her kicks were so strong that I told John to put his hand on my stomach. He said, "I can't ever feel anything!" I said, "Just try! She's really kicking & moving around in there...." And it wasn't but a minute later, I heard a big gasp and saw a HUGE grin come across his face. He said, "Was that it!!!" I smiled & said, "Yes!!" We layed there for the next 5 minutes or so as we felt her move move move! We just laughed each time it happened & John was estatic to finally feel her & I was thrilled that he could experience that too!


We (strike that- I....) have been going gaa gaa over little girl's outfits online. It's really going to get me in trouble, but I show them to John & he just smiles really big and laughs at how cute they are! Mom & I are heading out in the next week or so to register & look at nursery stuff! It will be such a fun day! I can't wait!

As far as recipe this past week- I didn't really make anything except Reservations!
One night, we decided to pop into O'Charleys for a quick bite to eat. I ordered this:


Let me just say- DELISH!!!!!!! I ate just about every bite! (Something I definitely don't do on a regular basis). I kept saying, "Gosh, this is so delicious!" John kept looking at me like, 'Gee, I can't tell that at all!'

So, for my recipe this past week, I'm going to suggest heading to O'Charleys & ordering this salad! Mmmmm! Perfect for this weather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neelley, so thrilled for you and John. I really couldn't be happier for you. The little girl things you are excited about are the same things that fill me with joy for Jeremy and Courtney. Court and I also love monogrammed things, and I am going crazy on-line, as well...had to get a paypal account. Love your blogs, Elaine

Mariellen said...

Congrats Neeley!!! I am behind on my blog reading because little man has arrived!! You will have such a great time with alittle girl! Enjoy her in your belly because it will fly by. I already get sad because Mac is growing so fast in under two weeks.