Monday, January 24, 2011

Pregnancy- 11 weeks

Wow- I'm working on 3 posts in one day! Reason #792, to not go this long without blogging. TOO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!


I'll start off by sharing a couple of funny pictures-
John & I knew that we wanted to tell our Nashville group of friends the good news at the exact same time. We asked each of our friends to meet us for a big group dinner, telling them that since our move, we've missed our big group get-togethers.
We all met for Mexican a couple of weeks ago.
There were about 20 of us (so we were missing about 6-7 from the group)....
We said that we wanted to get a group picture before the food came.
(Our group is used to group pics, so they didn't think anything of it.)

Our waiter was in on the plan, and on the count of 3, John yelled:
WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

Note: The above picture was everyone's reaction when John yelled it. Nothing, we got nothing.
I didn't think that everyone would think nothing of it, since John has been a little prankster before & told people at parties before that we were pregnant (all while I'm over there filling up my wine glass for the 8th time)- Then they come up & say, "Neelley, I don't think you need to be drinking if you are pregnant!"- Then there's been a loud,
"John King, quit telling everyone I'm pregnant, when I'm not!! For that, you are going to have to wait longer for your little dream to come true!!" John's just over there snickering, thinking it's the funniest thing in the world....

Well, fast forward to when it actually is true- No one believed him. (What a great story of, "Little Boy who cried Wolf!" So while our waiter was still taking pictures, I said to the group:

"We really are! We really are having a baby!" Now, that's the reaction that we were looking for! :)

It was so fun!

So, this week, we are 11 weeks pregnant. One more week left in the 1st trimester.
Hard to believe that the pregnancy is 1/3rd the way over!

During my pregnancy, I've had lots of the symptoms;
- Headaches (all day long, & in pregnancy, you need to try not to take any meds in the 1st trimester- BUMMER!)
- Tired!!! I could sleep 16 hours/ day if I could! My energy is g-o-n-e!
- Nausea (however, I've been lucky to never get actually sick)
- Cravings: juicy things- like OJ, Strawberry Lemonade, Pineapple (can't get enough!), Yogurt, grapes, Fruit Tea, some Italian Lemon Ice, mmmm. Or Salty things- Mexican, Chips & Dip, Pretzels.
-Food aversions: Anything dessert-like: chocolate cake, ice cream, cookies, candy, etc....
(which is very strange for me, since I have always had such a sweet tooth!)

My belly is just now starting to get a little bump. Sometimes it looks like I've just eaten a little too much, but it's starting to get a little more round. Clothes are starting to get a little snug (and depressing!)...

They say that this week our baby is the size of a Fig. (just a tad smaller than a lime).
Measuring at about 2 inches. His or her body is straigtening out & lengthening.
Hair follicles are forming. Individual fingers & toes have seperated recently from webbed hands & feet. Baby has distinct human characteristics by now. Ears are also forming on the side of the head. Nose, mouth & eyelids are now visable.

2 comments:

Mariellen said...

Get ready for such an amazing journey!! I am once again so excited for you guys. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I have gotten back in touch with so many girls from college who are pregnant because it is so fun to compare things and talk all about your baby with each other. I will be praying for you guys. It will fly by!!! We only have 8 weeks left crazy!!!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

That is so funny! Guess John learned his lesson to stop playing pranks over and over!
And Congrats again! I can't believe you are already out of your first Trimester! Hope from here on out you are feeling better!

And I noticed below you are going to do Tasty Tuesday and I assume I am the Allison. lol It's always fun looking for a new recipe to share. Some I actually make, some I just want to try, and some are just some I know I won't try but thought I should share anyways! lol