Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas 2010

After a long one month break from the blogging world, we are back!
However, I don't think I'll ever take that big of a break away again from blogging. So much stuff happens in one month, (even a slow month) and I feel like it's taken me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to upload these pictures as well as get them on here!

But....
It was a much needed break & we got mostly everything moved & unpacked, or put in storage. Still working on some things & trying to find spots for everything.... I hate for things to look crammed in somewhere....

To start off, where we left off~
We had a wonderful Christmas at the cabin


I don't know what made me want to do a Pheasant themed tree last year, but I did. So I carried it over into this year as well. It went perfect with the cabin decor...



Some Christmas cookies for Ol' Saint Nick!

We start off our family Christmas on Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family.
We have been doing this for as long as I can remember. We all get together around 5ish on Christmas Eve for fun, food & presents!
Chandler, my cousin's little boy.... Isn't he just precious!!
We have always had a Lasagna dinner on Christmas Eve. Such a different dinner than you would think for Christmas, but so wonderful since it's the exact opposite of what we will be eating on the next day!


Now, time for presents! There are about 15 of us that gather on my Mom's family's side for Christmas. Just immediate extended family. However, it can be chaotic once presents start being opened, so I didn't get hardly any pictures!
A horrible, but one of the only, pictures we got of us together at Christmas 2010
My Aunt M'Lee loves her some Maxine!
On Christmas morning, we awoke to a snow dusted ground. There were ducks on the lake in front of the cabin, so John & Cooper went hunting...
Lunch on Christmas Day is spent with John's side of the family.
Lilly, our neice, loved her Cat in the Hat game!

Allie Grace is all about baby dolls & princess stuff!
The grandkids with Mimi & Papa King
John & his sister, Katie
Katie & her girls!
Later on, on Christmas afternoon, we stop back by my Mom's house to celebrate Christmas with my Bonus Brother, Kenny & his wife Karen. They have 2 adorable kids, Brooke & Logan!

Brooke~
My sister, Blair, got the best picture of Brooke though. (I wish I had a copy of it!). Mom got Brooke some Jeggings for Christmas (3 years old & already at the top of the fashion trend at Preschool)- Brooke loves to pose for pictures, so when Blair went to take a picture, Brooke said, "One, Two, Three- say Jeggings!!" It was HILARIOUS!
Logan is all about some trucks & trains!
Christmas Night we go to my Dad & Phyllis' house. We love this tradition!
Didn't get any pictures of us at Christmas, but I did get a picture of the tree.
I just love all white & silver trees....
The day after Christmas we celebrate & head down to my Nana's house (Dad's mom).
Such a fun time. She recently just got put into an Assisted Living Facility in Franklin, so it was nice to have Christmas at her old house, like always.
John & I with Nana. She'll be 90 this July!

No comments: