Wednesday, December 8, 2010

House update

Well, big news on the house~ We have accepted an offer from a couple that wants to purchase our house!! There were a lot of negotiations going back & forth, but we got it all worked out! Halleljah!!!!
The inspection is scheduled for next week, and if all goes well, then that is the last step for everything! The want to close on December 27th (!!!!!???) However, I'm an impatient person, so this is okay with me. We have started to pack up some little things here & there. The biggest thing is trying to figure out what can be put in storage until we move (or find) our next house, and then what has to come to us while we live at John's parent's cabin for the next couple of months.
So, I'm sure your next question is: 'So where are y'all going?' or 'What are y'alls plans?'
Well, we are heading on down to Columbia. John's business is down there and the hour drive (each way, every day) has really been tiring for him. Plus, all of our family is down there.... (or towards that way.) We are planning on staying at his parent's cabin on the farm for the next couple of months until we decide what to do.
Build or buy? Build or buy?
Both have the upsides and downsides, and we are debating each of them.
Purchasing a home can be such a headache. Trying to find that perfect house is hard!! I have an open mind where I can walk into a house and see what it could be. I can imagine a wall being knocked down to open rooms up, or hardwood floors there (instead of ugly carpet), fresh paint & landscaping, etc, etc... John is not that way. And he's thinking that we will find our perfect house, in our price range, out there that is completely ready to move in to, without having to do any work to it..... (I know it is out there too, however, it's yet to be built by us, yet! :) )
As you can see, I'm leaning towards building, and John just wants to purchase an existing home. We will see where this leads us!

1 comment:

Mariellen said...

That is so exciting to have sold your home!!! I wish we could say the same. If I could I would love to build a home too. Good luck girl!