Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decor- Day 1

Since they are lighting the BIG tree at Rockefeller center tonight in NYC, I thought it would be fitting to do a post on pretty Christmas trees. I am always interested in seeing people's Christmas trees. It's such a personal extension of their taste. I find it interesting to see if they choose to decorate with 1) childhood owned ornaments 2) in a theme like all silver & gold, or blue & silver, or all snowmen, etc, etc 3) if they purchase a live or an artifical tree 4) and how they wrap their presents.
We (well, I....) put lots of time into our decorations, and especially our wrapping of presents. I have a "wrapping area" in our house and a closet pretty much full of rolls of ribbon, tissue, wrapping paper, cards, personalized tags, etc, etc.....
You will have to hold out until the end of this week to see our decorations! :)
Below are some pictures that intrigued me:
Very traditional- My kind of tree, and you can tell it's LIVE :)




Love how everything is coordinating and flowing together from the tree to the mantel to the pillows & flowers


I would love to do this in our guest room and have a little tree on the bedside table....

Such a fun Beach tree~



When I was little, I always wanted to have my own little tree in my room that I could decorate however I wanted. When I was a teenager, I saved some of my allowance and bought a small fake one to put in my room. I loved when I turned off my lights at night, I had the glow of the tree in the corner still aglow.
Love this little girl tree
Something more fun for all the kids

Another fun small tree for a girl's room

I have warned John that we will ALWAYS have a live Christmas tree, and that I am wanting a few around the house next year... For the extras, I can settle for fake ones. I would love to do another one in our bedroom in the all white, silver & gold look. So peaceful looking....
Here is to Happy Decorating for Christmas!
Bye Bye November.......

1 comment:

Mariellen said...

I love all of them!! I had a little tree for my room as a child that I loved and never wanted to take it down. I can't wait to see your tree.