Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall Father's Day Dinner

In the previous post, I told you about how my sisters and I host a Father's day dinner every year for my Dad, Bonus Mom as well as 3 other couples that they decide to invite for dinner. This year, we wanted to go with a Fall theme. Dad & Phyllis have such a wonderful house, along with a great outdoor fireplace that we sure do get a lot of usage out of, especially in the Fall, Winter and Spring! Of course, I didn't think of getting out my camera, but my older sister, Lauren did, so these are some of her pictures:

The "Guest" of Honor- Pops

About 15 minutes before people were to arrive, Blair decided to put a biscuit in the microwave to warm it up. Well, she punched the express button, (which sets it to minutes) and forgot about it. We couldn't figure out why a small drift of smoke was looming in the house, until someone opened the microwave and a huge cloud of smoke came out....- Way to go Blair!

She said,
"Not only can I not cook, but now I can't even microwave something without ruining it!"
ha Ha Ha


We set up some of my fall centerpieces along with lots of candles to give it some light after the sun went down.


Blair & I setting up the table




My older sister Lauren- A Great cook!!

Me, working on something!



Our little sister, Blair. Blair isn't a very good cook. (She will tell you that herself), so about 2-3 days before the dinner, she proclaimed that she would just be Lauren and I's "Shoe chef". I told her unless she planned on cooking up some Jimmy Choo's, I didn't think those belonged in the kitchen.. Which I then explained that it was a Soux chef. Ha Ha


Table at night

Everyone gathered around inside by the other fire for more wine and dessert!

We did a Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cheesecake along with
Brandied Apricot Beignets with a Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Yumm!!!




The Dinner Group! and I'll tell ya, what a fun group!!
It was fun to be in the kitchen and here all the conversations going on, over on the other side of the couch. Most of the group have been people that we (my sisters and I) have known for as long as I can remember. They all host fabulous parties of their own (as well as many parties for Blair & I when we were both getting married), so we were all pretty nervous to serve food that we made ourselves, but we got great reviews! :) (Or they were just being really nice!)
On the Menu that night was:
Appetizers:
Whiskey Shrimp
Spinach and Feta Cups
Soup:
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Main Course:
Roasted Pork Tenderloin served on Creamed Corn with a Apple Raisin Chutney
alongside of Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
Dessert:
Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cheesecake
Brandied Apricot Beignets with Chocolate Dipping Sauce

It's SO much fun to do this every year, and my sisters and I have so much fun preparing all the food in the kitchen together in the hours leading up to it, alongside lots of wine ourselves! :)
Looking forward to next year with more yummy food, honoring such a wonderful and magnificent man/ dad that we have!!
We love you Dad!
or "Main"- as he likes to be called, since he says he's the "Main" man!


No comments: