Monday, February 7, 2011

Pregnancy- 13 weeks

Well, hello there Baby Bump!!

This weekend, the baby bump has officially bumped on out there. I had people tell me, "Oh yes, you will just wake up one day & look down, & say, "Hey! What is this??" Well, it definitely happened! I was in the shower & looked down and was in shock! I think I stared at it for 5 whole minutes. I just couldn't believe it! It's kinda freaking me out.

John & I got ready to go on a morning walk yesterday, and I put on one of my old sorority t-shirts & there was no denying my bump. Of course, I have to kinda push my shirt down right above the bump & it there!

We had some of our great friends, Liz & Chaz and Courtney & Alex, over last night for the Superbowl. I told the girls, "Ummm, look at this??!" They were both stunned to see it since when we went to lunch on Tuesday, I didn't really have much to show. Liz has a sweet little girl, Marley, who is 7 1/2 months old, and Courtney is 8 months pregnant. So they both definitely knew what that was all about. It's fun to hear & compare stories!

So this week we are 13 weeks. So many websites contridict each other. Some say that this is the beginning on the 2nd trimester. Some say that at the end of this week will be the beginning... Oh well- All we know, is we are getting closer to Baby!

This is what the baby looks like inside:


Or if we were to have an ultrasound tomorrow at our monthly appointment, this is what Baby King might look like on the screen:


By this week, our baby has it's own set of fingerprints. Veins & organs are clearly visible through their still-thin skin. Baby is 3" long & weighs nearly an ounce. Uterus, which is usually the size of a woman's fist is now bigger than a grapefruit.... (which is why the bump, I'm assuming)

Symptoms:

-Only needing naps every once in awhile

-Emotional/ mood swings- Crying more easily, getting irritated quicker, then the next minute be completely ok with everything in the world....

-Food cravings/ adversions starting to taper off

We are filled with excitement. Especially to find out what we are having! We have big plans for the reveal of the gender. The countdown begins!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your blog, Neelley! You communicate so well with the written word, reminds me of your journaling in the fourth grade. Thanks for letting me in on this, and definitely invite me to a baby shower! Love, Elaine