Friday, February 18, 2011

Recipe- Asian Slaw

A couple of weeks ago, John & I went over to some of our dearest friends, Mark & Emily's house, for dinner. Emily's a great cook! She had made this Italian style Pot Roast for sandwiches which she served on kaiser type rolls with melted Mozzarella on top. SO YUMMY! She served this Asian slaw next to it, & I found myself, as well as just about everyone else, going back for seconds. It was perfect with the dinner she served. I was also thinking that it would be wonderful with BBQ, or burgers, or pretty much anything!!!!
It's very light tasting & is perfect the weather we've been having lately!

Emily's Asian Slaw

2 packages beef flavor Ramen noodles (save packets for dressing)
1 16 oz. package cole slaw lettuce
1 cup sliced almonds (toasted if you want to)
1 cup sunflower kernels
2 green onions (tops, green part only) sliced

Break up the ramen noodles and layer all of the above, in a large bowl, in order.

Dressing:

Mix well in a small bowl: (Make sure you mix it until the sugar is dissolved)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil (Canola or Olive Oil)
1/3 cup white vinegar
2 soup packets from Ramen noodles

Pour over mixture and cover. DO NOT MIX until the next morning
.

Makes me want to put my fingers up to my lips, kiss them, say "DELISH!" then give Emily a big kiss on the cheek for introducing me to this recipe!

No comments: