Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recipe- Party Punch

I didn't get a chance to post my recipe yesterday- Well, I didn't get a chance to do much of anything yesterday. Woke up with a horribly sore throat, John got me some apple juice which didn't stay in my stomach long (It's official, Baby King hates Apple Juice. This is the 2nd time I've drank it while pregnant, & both times I've gotten sick. Uhh)- Felt a little better after getting sick then around 11ish, I started feeling horribly uncomfortable back pain. The kind that feels as if someone has just beaten my back with a baseball bat. Couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did, except walking around made it feel a little better, however, my head still feeling like it was a fishbowl, so no matter what I did- it was a rough day.
I avoid the Dr at all cost... I loathe going. I feel like sometimes just sitting in that waiting room can make you feel more sick than you really are (or even get you more sick with all the other people there!)- So, going against my mother's advice, I waited until this morning to go to the Doctor. Woke up feeling better, called his office, they advised me to come on in. He checked on everything & it was wonderful. He said that I probably just have a sinus infection & my horrible back pain is to be expected with a growing baby. My uterus is growing growing growing (in a normal, non-pregnant woman, her uterus is the size of a lemon. Mine, being almost 4 months pregnant, is the size of large cantelope or bigger.... WOW! As Baby is growing, my uterus is pushing things around inside to make room, as well as my belly growing outward.... So, that's what's been happening this week!

This week's recipe is from such a precious friend, here in Columbia, Liz. The two of us, along with a couple of other girls, hosted a baby shower for our friend, Courtney. Liz served this drink at the shower & I think I could have drank the entire pitcher- It was so good! I asked her for the recipe & she happily passed it on! She said her family calls it "Party Punch"- It's so easy & DELISH!!!


Liz's Party Punch

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup lemonade (powdered)
1/2 cup instant tea with lemon (powdered) (I usually use decaf)
1 cup white grape juice

Put all ingredients in a gallon jug. Fill with water. Shake to mix. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lindsey Ball said...

Hey girl...I just came across your blog (I love reading blogs and blogging myself). I know I said it on Facebook but congratulations again on your bundle of joy that is on the way! Parenthood is the best thing and time flies by faster than you would every imagine once you start having kids so ENJOY every minute (good and bad :) Just wanted to say hi, congrats and hope you are well! If you want to follow us we are http://elliebellie2008.blogspot.com