Monday, April 11, 2011

Dream on???

Pregnancy has brought a lot of different things/ experiences into our lives, but one thing that we were not prepared for were: CRAZY DREAMS!


I am a pretty light sleeper (which my parents think is crazy since when I was a little girl, they used to have to wake me up in the mornings by sprinkling water on my face- that's how hard I slept!)- while John is a hard sleeper. I think a tornado could come through (at times I think one has been close), and John will sleep right through it. Well, in the past 2 months or so, I've been waking up or waking John up (not intentionally) with my dreams.


Some nights I wake up crying, some nights I wake up with a big catch of my breath (like in the movies), and other nights I will wake John up with my talking in my sleep. I actually woke up one night and John was sitting there having a conversation with me (he was awake). I asked him what he was doing & he said, "You were talking in your sleep, so I was trying to get you to continue talking because it sounded like an interesting dream. What was it?" My response: "I don't know, honey, I'm trying to sleep!"


About a week or so ago, I woke up & starting yelling that the house was on fire! Boy that got John out of bed fast (hmmmm, maybe I need to try this tactic when he's on too much of my side of the bed to regain some bed control!)- Then as he's standing there wide awake saying, " WHAT??!!Where?!!! Where??!!" I said, "Oh, nevermind, I guess I was dreaming... Let's go back to sleep..."

I've dreamed that robbers are in the house, then woken up & told John to get the gun & go outside & see.., etc, etc.. I think I've about given him more mini heartattacks in the past 2-3 months with my dreams than I did with my Dad, in the entire span of 9 months, when I was telling him the cost of things for our wedding 2-3 years ago!


So, as much as I'm trying to 'dream on' over here- one positive note to all my dreams is I think I've coverted John to a not so heavy sleeper. I can simply sit up in bed to have a drink of water & John will wake up & say, "Are you ok? Is everything alright? Are you comfortable?". Which is a big thing since when I would run out of water on my side of the bed, in the middle of the night, I could crawl across John to his side to get his water glass & drink some, all while he never even moved an inch in the process.


I guess my body is training us to be super sensitive to sleep and to be alert when little Miss Caroline wakes up from her nightmares one day. So, it's worth it in the long run!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this one Neelley, and love you! Have you decided on a middle name; I think you have, but I just can't remember. You're a great writer, as well as all of your other gifts. Where do you get all of your energy? It's great that you do so many things well.