Monday, April 18, 2011

Pregnancy- 23 weeks

We are less than 1 week away from hitting our 6 month mark! Craziness!


Baby bump is starting to really grow, however, I've been told by LOTS of people that my bump isn't really that big. Good or Bad? I've run into 3-4 encounters last week that when I said something like,

"Well, we can't believe that she'll be here in less than 4 months!" or "Can you help me lift this? I'm pregnant & my husband would kill me if he knew that I tried to do this on my own"-

only to get responses of, "You're pregnant? How far along are you?"

-"I'm about a week away from being 6 months!"

"whhhhhaaat?? I couldn't even tell, but now that you say something, yeah, I can see it a little."



I guess this all depends on what outfit I'm wearing. My Dad told me that I needed to start wearing Maternity clothes because people might mistake me for just gaining a lot of weight. My response: "Daaaaaddddy- These ARE maternity clothes! You want me to wear a Moo Moo or something??"

So this week, we are 23 weeks pregnant.

She's over 11 inches long & weighs over 1 lb. She's very intune to the sounds around us. Sunday, while we were in church, I whispered at Mom, "She's moving a lot!" Mom immediately put her hand on my stomach & was just sitting there snickering because she was just kicking & kicking! But when the choir would start to sing, she'd stop. Mom said, "I think Caroline really likes music & singing because she doesn't move during it." Which was very true. She'd move & kick while Pastor Scott was talking or during the readings, but when that choir would start, she'd stop. I told Mom, "Gee, I hope this doesn't mean that she'll be disruptive during the sermon during church when she arrives. "- :)


Other things happening lately with the pregnancy-

-Still finding it tough to get comfy at night.
Sleeping with pillows between my legs have never been my thing, but I love it now!


-Having to get up at least 2 times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom


-Sometimes waking up in the middle of the night with HUGE hunger pains. Strawberry Banana yogurt is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Also, those little individual Mandarin Orange cups are delish!


-Finding it sore to sit or stand for periods of time.
Think of how sore you are after riding a horse for a couple of hours. Yep- that's what my pelvis feels like when I stand up or move my legs in the middle of the night. Achy!


-Water with lemon juice in it is HEAVEN! I drink this like it's going to be discontinued!


-Appetite isn't much (this last week or so)- Having to remind myself to eat at meal times (which never is usually a problem)- but just isn't eating as much as people say that I would be. (I've been warned that my appetite will come out of nowhere & you'd think that I'd just gotten off the show 'Survivor' )


- John's obsessed with my bump! He loves to rub it and gives it lots of kisses. He talks to her and she'll usually kick for him when he does. He loves for me to wear outfits that show off my bump. One time I put on a dress & told him that I didn't like it because it made me look more pregnant than I really was. His response, "I know! I love it!! Don't change!" (Ummmm, no!)



- Starting to purchase baby nursery items.
We got her bassinet last week, (and about to send it to a lady to sew a cover for it)-, as well as her baby book. Small purchases but at least it's something!

1 comment:

Mariellen said...

I was the same way with my baby bump! It is really fun when you are a week or two from your due date and people ask "When are you do?" and you get to say "next week!!" Their reaction is pricelss!! I miss being pregnant! I loved it, but the real thing is a better trade off. Congrats on building your dream house. That is so exciting. My appetite never got crazy. I sometimes wonder if people just use pregnancy as an excuse to eat like crazy. You will be thankful for little weight gain. I gained the minium my doctor wanted and was back in pre baby clothes in 2 weeks.