Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back.....

It's sure been awhile since I posted last..... If you forgot, I have been at a place like this all week with my little sister on a Sister Beach Trip. We sure did read a lot, get a bunch of sun, eat lots of yummy food as well as drink drink drink. But hey, when you are on vacation, "do as the locals do" and by locals, I mean fish..... since we definitely drank like them!
And after 6 full days of 85-88 degree weather in the wonderful sun, you can imagine our surprise as we stopped for gas right outside of Montgomery, AL and thought, "Man, the wind has picked up a little bit!" Needless to say, as we made our way back north, we stopped again for lunch and were freeeezzzzing in our little sundresses and shorts that we had on as the weather dropped to 67 degrees & rainy. We skipped the ice cream after lunch that we had planned on getting and opted for Hot Chocolates to go...
After this little realization, we started talking about fall and started noticing the slightest change in color in some of the leaves on the trees passing by like in the examples below....
After an evening snuggled underneath a big family quilt with my sweet husband and a bowl of Chicken & Dumplings in both of our laps, I awoke this morning and all I wanted to do is get outside and do some fall chores....
So I made a list (I love lists!!!- Sometimes I even make a list of different kinds of lists that I need to make. Yep! I'm OCD)- Anywho, I made a list of things to do around the house that would allow me to get outside, along with the necessary things that needed to be crossed off on of those lists from awhile ago.....
After an afternoon at Lowe's and a shopping cart full of different "projects" (blogs to follow this week & next on all of those projects), I headed home to begin. Ever notice that shopping for projects or certain items can be mentally draining & exhausting, especially when you don't really know what you are looking for or what all you need??? (I guess that is where another list would have been handy, but oh well...)- I think I was in Lowe's from 2 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. today....
And "Oh the possiblities.... you can find at Lowe's "
(at least that's what the commercial says)
I know this little product below has been out for a couple of years now, and I just never had the urge to purchase it. But today, Lowe's had it on Sale, so I thought, "Oh what the hell"-
4 little sponges for $3.50- not bad

<

>

We have lots of marks on our walls as well as smudges around the house, especially on stairwells, from moving in, rearranging furniture, carrying luggage & groceries that bang against the walls, etc, etc.... As well as the usual oily hands along the walls and doors and cabinets.
I started gently rubbing these marks with this Magic Eraser and all I could think of is....

"I think I love you!! I think I love you!!! I think I love you!!"
(sung from the David Cassidy Partridge Family clip
you tube it for the full effect, if you can... )

I was quickly jumping from room to room looking for more things to clean and magically erase....
John thought it was hysterical as I was singing the song above as I erasing all the dirt & grime. I just love love love it! He was pretty impressed too, (with the eraser, not my singing)

I just love little discoveries like the one today...... So I urge all of you to try it out, and you might just fall in love with Mr. Clean's eraser like me....

No comments: