Friday, September 17, 2010

Mums the word......

Yes, I said this to Mr. John King & we both got very excited! He thought I was talking about babies, which was immediately followed by a disappointed frown when I told him that I was talking about potted Mums for our front porch. Which didn't seem to excite him as much as it did me after my little explanation on how mums can be so beautiful!.... Oh well.... Onward! I say......

I went to Costco yesterday.... Oh, Costco! I love you, Costco! (I sure do hope there is one in heaven! Along with those people that serve you all those free samples.... )- I'm getting my usual stockup on household supplies, food, and of course, my baking stuff- when I saw Costco has brought in their mums for the season! I immediately grabbed 3 of these beautiful babies up! Lowes sells some pretty mums too. They are about $10 each (same as Costco) but they are about 1/2 the size..... Yet another reason why Costco is on my "love you" list.
*Note- When purchasing Mums, you are probably automatically drawn to the Mums that already have some buds that have bloomed- but I was informed last year to make sure that you purchase Mums with not a lot of buds that have bloomed (if any)- this will insure that your Mum will start to bloom a little bit later and you will be able to enjoy it longer....*

While setting out my Mums on our front porch, I started thinking of all the beautiful fall decoration pictures that I have saved in my little file on my computer for future ideas..... These pictures sure do give me some inspiration to decorate, enjoy the seasons as they come, and save our $$$ to one day have front porches like these..... I decided that I would share some of my favorites to hopefully inspire you to enjoy such a gorgeous season heading our way!








Note- I am not digging this witch with a broom on the front door....
BUT, I do like the pumpkins & mums and ferns.....




And I saved my favorite two for last......
I have had both of these pictures in my "Saved file" for about 3 or so years....
I just love them!


1 comment:

lauren said...

Cute blog, sister! Finally got around to reading all your posts tonight. Dove shoot looks like it was a lot of fun, sorry I missed it this year...maybe next year I'll score an invite :P Just kidding. Love you!