Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Canning

The past few days at the King household have been filled with canning jars scattered around the house....I just love my grandmother's homemade preserves. She makes them all~ Strawberry, Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, etc. It is a staple when visiting with her that she always has readily available. So this year I decided that I was going to make my own homemade preserves. So far, so good. I have made my Strawberry, Blackberry, and Peach (and I did a some extra peach preserves enhanced with some cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and a couple of more yummy spices to make it Spiced Peach Preserves. Thinking this might be the perfect thing to have for breakfast on a Scone with a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. Yummy!!)







All these canning jars, also known as Mason Jars, sitting on my dining room table had me thinking, "There are so many cool things you could do with these jars!" Of course, I mention this to John & he gives me this look of, 'How much money are all these cool ideas going to cost me?'- Ahhhhh, marriage..... He knows what I'm about to think of before I even get there.... :)
So, here are some cute ideas, just in case my preserves don't turn out so great, I know John will rest easy at night knowing that all my Mason Jars will be put to good use!
...........................................................


I just love candles. I think that a few candles can instantly transform a room at night into something calming (like for a relaxing bubble bath), romantic (for a quiet dinner at home), or magical looking if you use them in large quantities. If you were at our wedding, you would know what I mean. We had over 1,000 candles at our wedding throughout the church & reception. Ahhh, candles!





Love this idea below! What an easy way to create an outdoor chandelier in no time! Wouldn't this be fabulous hanging above a long 8' dining room table outside?






I am OBSESSED with organization! I once even thought of dabbling in professional organization, at one point..... So I just love love love new uses for old things, especially when it comes to keeping everything in its place.




When John & I have a large place for storage, like a garage, one day, I am determined to organize our hardware in tiny mason jars underneath a shelf like this.

-Take your mason jar lids & screw them to the underside of a shelf.


-Fill them with screws, rubberbands, batteries, nails, coins, etc


-Then just twist your individual jars back onto the tops!

Very easy!!








I am in love with this idea above, and I am seriously going to have to copy it!
These were used as favors for a party or a wedding. Do you know what they are?

A Layered Red Velvet Cupcake in mini Mason jars!

Love Love Love



..........................................


But for now, I am happy with my Mason jars holding some pieces of this past summer for me to enjoy all year long......











No comments: