Monday, October 25, 2010

Recipe Monday

This past weekend, the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, TN held it's annual Jack Daniels BBQ Competition and Festival. As much as I wanted to go, John couldn't get away from the office, so I opted to do some work around the house as well. However, I told him that we will be attending next year....
So for this week's recipe, I thought it would be only fitting to post my recipe for homemade BBQ.
It's definitely not as good as some out there, and I'm sure not even close to the Jack Daniels BBQ, but we like it, and it's easy in a pinch when you know that you won't want to cook dinner when you get home. You can make this, because it goes in the crock pot!
Neelley's Homemade BBQ
4 pounds of boneless pork ribs or pork butt
2 (18 oz) bottles of BBQ Sauce (we like to use Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, the best)
1 (14 oz) can of beef broth (sometimes I use 1 1/2 cans, just depending on the meat)
-Put Beef and Broth in the slow cooker on low heat for 10 hours. Take 2 forks to the meat after cooking and shred beef. Pour 1 1/2 bottles of BBQ sauce over beef. Refrigerate overnight. The next day, put it back on the crockpot to heat up for a couple of hours.
Delish!

No comments: