Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Updated Bathroom Pictures


Yep! I told you that our basement bathroom could definitely qualify for world's ugliest bathroom.

Before:

Who would do this to a bathroom in the first place, seriously? I can't even begin to think of their design thought behind this! I can just the previous owners now:

"Hey, let's put Blue & Green tile down in the bathroom. Then let's put up a long green countertop to match the ugly green tile. And hey, I found this black sink in an "out of style & not wanted in any home in America" bin for only $10! I know that it doesn't really match, so I found these black & white tile pieces in the Clearance bin at Lowe's, so let's throw those on the back too. Who cares if we only have enough to make 1 1/2 rows.. And to make this room look bigger, let's have a god awful unframed mirror running the entire length of the countertop."

I went to Lowe's a purchase a quart of primer, quart of countertop paint & a quart of wall paint.

So, for a whopping $30, I gave it a little bit of a facelift

After:

I know it isn't the greatest, but at least it's a little bit easier on the eyes. Surprisingly the room looks much larger than before, which is a good thing. I believe this bathroom has only had one shower taken in it by a house guest when we had about 8 people staying with us for New Years Eve a couple of years back.....


And to top all of this ugliness off, there is/was a window in the shower. But I'm assuming to save some money instead of tiling around the window and embracing that natural light, they put up the cheap acyrlic plastic shower surround all over it, so you would have no clue that there is a window there, unless you walk on that side of the house & see a window. Oh dear, oh dear....

I have been absolutely infatuated with this bathroom picture below for YEARS!
Actually, I have a major obsession with it. When John & I purchased our house, & when I saw the hideous basement bathroom, I knew that I could possibly look like this with lots of work. Well, moving came sooner than we initally expected, so this bathroom picture goes back in my file to be saved & used in our next house. I repeat, I will have a guest bathroom that looks like this in our next house! So use these pictures as inspiration, but I will throw you out that small little window if I come in your house & see this bathroom before I get to do it! :)
And I'm not kidding..... That's how much I absolutely love this bathroom....
:)

No comments: