Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week Update

This week has been such a whirlwind! I apologize for not keeping this thing updated regularly!
Recently John & I joined the Mt. Pleasant Grille's 'Grape Escape' Wine club. Lots of fun perks are offered with this yearly membership, but one of the best things about it is that they host a monthly Wine Tasting dinner. So, Tuesday evening, John & I went to the Wine Tasting Dinner. It was so great! They have a cocktail hour before dinner where is great to see everyone and catch up with people that you haven't visited with in awhile. Then you are ushered upstairs for dinner. It was a five course dinner with each course featuring a different type of wine to compliment the dish. The food courses ranged from Butternut Squash soup, which was delish!, Rack of Lamb, Pork Tenderloin, a Chocolate Mousse and Spongecake dessert, etc, etc... Very nice and so wonderful! We sat with Dad & Phyllis, along with 4 other people at our table. Tuesday night, they hosted about 120 there. There is a lady who describes each course as it's being served and tells everyone what wine has been chosen to be paired with it. We love it!

Yesterday, we headed back to Nashville and unpacked (after being down at the cabin for about 2 weeks, it's like a carload full of stuff to bring back!). We were so looking forward to crawling in our own bed and just relaxing! I think we were both sound asleep by 9:30 p.m.!

Today, I started on a huge cookie project! More to come on that! John is headed to New Orleans for Bentley's Bachelor Party, which should be a lot of fun! Suzanne, Bentley's fiance, is having her Bachelorette Party in Knoxville this weekend. I had to opt out of going, because of this huge cookie project, there was just no way.... Plus, tomorrow night, my sisters and Mom are coming over for a 'Slumber Party'. We are taking Mom out for a special dinner then possibly pedicures, then back to my house for a movie & popcorn. It's been forever since we've all slept under the same roof at the same time, especially without our husbands, so it will be a fun night!

I also plan on catching up on my DVR this weekend! Kinda feel like it's little Christmas presents getting to be unwrapped 1 hour at a time! We love being down at the cabin, but I do miss out of some of my shows down there.... (John's usually a good sport about watching somethings, but there are only so many episodes of 'Real Housewives of _____' that he will watch.. Especially when it's Atlanta. His first words are, "Nope! I'm not going to watch that! Turn it off!!!!" That city is just drama drama drama.... and I can't stand Kim! Not the way she talks, laughs, walks, etc, etc... or sings! !!!! Uhhh!

So, that's about all for now. I'll update more over the weekend, especially more details when it comes to my big cookie project! :)

No comments: